The Urgent SNFTM Service at Westmoreland Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center supports a global healthcare expectation for the right provision of care in the right place at the right time.
Therefore, our solution-driven service aims to provide an alternative option to individuals not meeting acute admission criteria, however requiring and/or benefiting from supervisory skilled rehabilitation services, skilled nursing oversight or stabilization.
Patients and Family Members Can Expect the Following:
- Comfortable environment to relax, recover and rehabilitate
- Multi-discipline therapy services available 7 days per week as per physician orders
- Life Enriching Recreational Activities to infuse the spirit
- Individualized ongoing discharge/transitional planning by nurse case manager and licensed social worker
- Follow up support and continued contact by clinical services team
- Family Engagement via our Care Navigation Program
- Virtual Family Contact as requested and Life Enrichment Teams
- 24/7 Guest Services Hospitality Line available to Patients and Family Members
- Television, WIFI and In Center Network Television
Diagnoses / Signs and Symptoms* for Urgent SNFTM
and Direct Admission Service Qualification:
- Ambulation Dysfunction
- IV Therapy
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Exacerbation of CHF
- Dialysis residents admitted and transportation is set up.
- Change in Mental Status
- Exacerbation of COPD
- Uncontrolled Nausea
- Failure to Thrive
* Please Note: List of Diagnoses is not an inclusive list
Urgent SNFTM Payment Options:
Medicare Primary: 3-day qualifying hospital stay within prior 30 days
HMO: Willingness to accept without prior authorization with select HMO/ MCO
Private Pay: Reduced Private Pay All Inclusive Rate promoting the stabilization often necessary to avoid repeat and unnecessary ER/ED visits. All-inclusive services include room/board, meals, therapy, and nursing services.
Individuals who test positive for Covid could benefit from our Covid Urgent SNF™ placement service.
Our skilled and Covid competent and trained team members are prepared to offer:
- IV Therapies
- Respiratory Therapy
- Consultative Services by the Area’s Leading Specialists
- Physiatry Led Therapy Services
- Care Safely Model of Healthcare Delivery